Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sharing God's Love

Today we had a visitor to the cathedral. Dr. John Forde was visiting from the United States where he has been a Bible College Principal. He spoke simply to us (through interpreter Pablo, from Bolivia) about accepting God's Grace and not trying to do things in our own strength. It was a word that I am sure hit home with many of us there.


Each time he said, "No but I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people." Now I am glad to boast how weak I am; I am glad to be a living demonstration of Christ's power, instead of showing off my own power and abilities. 2 Cor v.9





















2 new faces in the congregation today were Mauricio (left)



and Bieto. They come from the Chacarita and a background of addictions. They are hungry for God's love and they enjoyed being with us in San Andres






After church we gathered for a sale of homemade food that we had all contributed.










Adriana collects the money to help the sick in our church to afford medicines.



Members of the Cathedral and the English church enjoy coffee, chat and lunch after the services.













Dr. John Forde and his wife Joan talk with Pablo (from Bolivia) in the beautiful sunshine.






Our humble friend Lorenzo busies himself at the grill cooking wonderful sausages for us all.


















Natasha wonders what to choose to eat. There was a good choice.










No comments:

Post a Comment