Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time flies

It has been a while since I wrote up my blog. The main reason is that I have been too busy or too tired, but all good things come to those who wait and now the holidays have arrived!!!

The last few weeks have been full of activity at work. After the Bicentenary celebrations there was the exam period. This was swiftly followed by reprt writing and meetings with parents. There was also Fathers Day. The dads came in for breakfast followed by seeing their little ones perform songs and poems for them. There were a few emotional moments.

Now the holidays are here. The last couple of weeks have been bitterly cold so I decided not to go away. In fact the weather has now turned back to being beautiful. However, rather than rush off I am taking life easy, visiting friends, going out for meals, entertaining a little and tomorrow I am off to Argentina to go shopping. The exchange rate is currently in our favour, so we are on the hunt for bargains.

We have all been following the football Copa de America. What a disappointment this evening. Paraguay were 3-1 up against Venezuela, who fought back and scored two goals in the last three minutes, creating a draw. 
Due to insomnia I have also enjoyed watching the women's football at one in the morning recently. I was disappointed when France beat England on penalties. It was a bit of a brick wall match.

Matthew, Kim, Sam and Ben will be leaving Ireland tomorrow to join us here. We are looking forward to seeing another family out here. They are due here around midday on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment