We made our way out of Asuncion and over THE bridge that takes the route out into the Chaco. We turned off on the road to Argentina and after some time on a dirt track road, we arrived at Chacoi. This is a very small fishing village on the river, overlooking Asuncion on the opposite bank. There are good views of the city.
We also needed liquid refreshment so I carried my Paraguayan flask with me everywhere. At least we lightened its load quite quickly.
The locals are very poor people but they are also very friendly. I found my way to a small jetty. A man asked me if I would like to go across the river. It turned out that the local fishermen run a ferry service across to the port in Asuncion.
The boys were keen to go back by boat so they and their mum hopped aboard, leaving me and Matt to wave them off and then return home in the car.
I was then faced with doing a huge pile of ironing, with sunburnt arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment