Yesterday I visited my indigenous friend, Fermina and I realised that it would probably be my last visit. I would have stayed with her but the hospice kept me to visiting hours yesterday, my not being blood family. They told me that her community would be sending a truck today to take her back to her village in the Chaco. Chaco Indians like to die on their home territory. Fermina was agitated by this news. I knew that Fermina would never make the journey in the state that she was in, but it is good to know that her remains will be taken back to her community village and laid to rest. At least she did not die alone and she was loved by those in the hospice.
I am just thankful that Jesus took her home with him and that she is spared anymore suffering. I am absolutely certain that she is with him now and that she has found true peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment