I had an interesting finale to my week last week when I was finally admitted to hospital to have a gallstone removed. This was much a much smaller operation that the original plan, for which I have my family doctor here to thank. He even came down to the operating theatre. You would never see that in Britian. I am dreading being back on the NHS cattle train.
It was rather like geriatrics united in the theatre as we were all senior citizens from anaesthetists to doctors to patient. We had a few giggles before I went under. The gas made me light headed.
I came round surprisingly well and was up within three hours and came home the next day. I managed the steps to my flat with no problems and now I have a few days of recuperation. Fortunately some new DVDs arrived just at the right time. I also have about a hundered or so books to read on my Kindle, so hopefully I will not be bored. I hope to get back to school for Teacher's Day on Friday, but we will see. That is followed by a long weekend!
God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment