Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Despedidas

The Hickmotts and I are having some good farewell parties here. Fortunately they are well spread out so not too taxing physically on top of all the other things that we have to do before leaving here.

Last week I was taken out by some colleagues for afternoon tea. It was lovely.


On Friday evening the English department gave us a despedida. Unfortunately, due to the political situation several people could not attend because they needed to cross town. People had been advised by the police not to go out.


They all made up for that this morning by having a breakfast for us in school.


It was a time for emotional speeches.





The thing that I will miss most about our school is the sense of family. It is stronger there than in any other school I have worked in. We are a family and a brilliant team.

No comments:

Post a Comment