I arrived back in Paraguay last Thursday. Thanks for your prayers. I had a smooth journey and even got ushered to the front of airline queues as I am now considered to be a senior citizen. I suppose age has some advantages.
Mags and Gwen picked me up at the airport and also took me shopping, by which time I was shattered so they fed me too. What great friends I have !
I arrived home to a newly-decorated flat. It took me two days to unpack my boxes and suitcases and get everything straight. I am now having a couple of days relaxing before work on Thursday. ("What happened to Summer holidays?" I ask myself.)
News here is that Fidel Zavala was released after 94 days tied to a tree, (hidden on his own land). The police have arrested one of his captors and now seek others involved.
The latest focus has been on Salvador Cabanas, a national footballer who was shot between the eyes in a bar in Mexico. A prayer meeting was called for him in a football stadium here. Thousands attended and he has become the new "cause". The response to prayer has been that he is now conscious and he has asked for "asado", (barbecued meat). To be conscious is something of a miracle as the bullet cannot be removed. Nobody is sure what the future holds for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment