Thursday, December 2, 2010

End of Year for students

The students finally finished their term and year on Tuesday. The past week has seen a round of "Clausuras" (Final presentations, services and graduations) in all departments.

The sixth form had an emotion-packed service with their families and teachers, in the English chapel. There was prayer for each student. They then received a candle each and they were sent out into the world to shine their light for Christ. Many tears of happiness and love were shed.










After the service they enjoyed a dinner in the school hall.














The Primary department held their clausura on Tuesday morning in the cathedral. A large school choir had been formed and they sang a Paraguayan song.The first grade, helped by their English teacher, sang a song telling the story of the nativity. It was beautiful.

In the evening the ninth grade celebrated finishing their basic school education and their graduation into the final three years of school, in upper secondary. The parents sang to their offspring.


The ninth graders sang "Enciende una Luz" (shine a light) and we all joined in.

The children had all written personal testimonies. Some of these were shared in English with a Spanish translation on the projector for parents.
One boy wrote:-
TESTIMONY
"Whichever teacher I ask about how I was and how I’ve changed since preschool, I usually get an explanation of how terrible I was and very often I get praised for having changed in such a good way.
That is because when I was in preschool I was just starting to know Jesus, so as I knew more about him I just wanted to look good in front of him and since then I have not changed. It is like a good addiction to something, I am addicted to trying to be good in front of God.
Whenever I start something I always ask myself if God would see it as something good, as something nice and obedient to His word. This is what causes me to give my very best effort at everything , from my behaviour to the exams.
This way of living has given me such a good feeling about myself that makes me really happy.
So I just thank God for making me this way!"
A girl wrote:- My Testimony
" I am a fortunate girl for being in this school. Since I’ve been here I know God a lot better. The teachers always talk about God and the importance of keeping Him near us. It doesn’t matter if we can´t see Him, we have to believe and have faith. I really don’t know yet what I’m going to do in the future but I am sure that God has already planned my life. If I’m stuck in life I am convinced that I can talk to God and He’ll listen me. He is like a friend for me, my best friend. God will never leave me alone. That is what St. Andrew’s School gives us day by day.
I Know that I’m not in this school just by coincidence, it is because my parents choose this school for me and I give thanks to them for the great decision they made. Also here I have the best classmates ever! I will never regret being a student of St. Andrew’s school.
In my life I want to put in practice what our teachers have taught us, not only in subjects but that our words speak truth, our hearts show compassion and our minds use well the knowledge we have, like it says in our school hymn. "

When we as teachers hear things such as this from the children we know why we are here and we are greatly encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment