Thursday, December 16, 2010

Update

I went to the hospital today to see the surgeon. He took off the splint and proudly showed me his work. It is amazing!
I told him that the Lord has used him for a miracle. He is a lovely man with a great sense of humour and a few words of English, which he insists on trying. "Very nice sooherry."
On Saturday when I was in pain he showed Sharon the x-rays and said that I must have surgery. She said that she would pray with me first and ask Jesus for a miracle. His reply was that it would take more than prayer. Today he said that the prayers had worked.
I could move all my fingers, my thumb and even flex my wrist a little, with just a small amount of pain. The scar is only about a couple of inches long. He has put the splint back and I have to return in a week. He said that I will need the splint for three weeks and then I will need some physio. He looked at my hip and said that the fall has exacerbated the arthritis that is already there. I have special medication and have to rest as much as I can. I have also pulled tendons on my left wrist. It was some fall! Mind you, if you saw the pavements here you would understand why. There are huge holes everywhere.

I am in good spirits. The Lord is sending in his angels. Lorenzo came and cleared my front parking area this evening. It was in such a mess since the storm last weekend. It is cultural to keep the front of the house clean and tidy. Lorenzo is going to come back and trim back all my plants. That had been my plan for this week until this happened. I love my bit of garden. Lorenzo adores plants and the Lord's creation so he is happy to come and help. He is such a blessing.

Tomorrow nurse Beryl Baker is probably coming round and I plan to go for pizza with her. (She can cut mine up for me!).
Mags and Gwen fly off to Barcelona tomorrow for a break before deputation. Please pray for their safety and for some real rest for them. They are working flat out until the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment