I have just had a lovely weekend taking a break from the stresses of finishing off at school and beginning to pack at home.
On Saturday the Primary head of department, Profe Eva, invited me out to her house. It is quite a distance from where I live so she picked me up. The traffic going to her place was the worst that I have seen for a long time.
I had been apprehensive about spending the day as the centre of attention and having to speak nothing but Spanish all day. However, I found myself thinking in Spanish and had no problems. We had a lovely lunch.
Later Eva asked me how to make scones. In the way that only Paraguayans can she produced the ingredients and left me in the kitchen. The result was afternoon tea, British style.
Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day with a light breeze, so I took myself out to lunch. In the afternoon the Hickmotts invited me to go for a walk. We "marched" five kms through the botanical gardens, moving fast to avoid being bitten by the millions of mosquitoes that were around.
No comments:
Post a Comment